Pupil Code of Conduct
Good behaviour and discipline are key foundations for a good education. Only within an orderly atmosphere can effective teaching and learning take place. Teaching and support staff will actively encourage all pupils to follow the code and will issue "Line Points" for those children who do so.
The "Code of Conduct" supports our school vision.
We believe -
- Children should behave in a responsible manner and are expected to do what they are told, when they are told, whilst under our care.
- Consideration, courtesy and respect should be shown at all times.
- Everyone should always try to understand other people’s point of view.
- Children are expected to make it as easy as possible for everyone to learn and for the teacher to teach, whether this takes place inside or outside the classroom.
- Children should always show friendship, kindness and care to others.
- Children should be sensible and quiet when in school.
- Children should always speak politely to each other and all adults.
- Children should listen, work hard and try their very best at all times.
- Children should be silent whenever they are required to be – no shouting or screaming.
- The school should be kept clean and tidy so that it can be a welcoming place of which we can be proud.
- Children should share school resources and take care of them.
- Children should bring healthy food for break and lunchtimes.
- Children should take pride in their appearance and possessions and have respect for other people.
- Children should remember that the school’s reputation depends on the way they behave.
- Children should make every effort to attend every day and be punctual.
These rules are designed for the safety of all children:
- There must be no running in the school building.
- Play fighting is not permitted.
- Children must ask the teachers permission to leave the classroom and state why they need to leave.
- Before or after school, at playtime and lunchtimes, children are not allowed in classrooms unless the weather is inclement, or unless instructed by a teacher.
- Climbing on walls, gates and fences is not allowed.
- Chewing gum is not permitted in school.
Please note - The "Code of Conduct" is implemented and expected at an age appropriate level.